To Search Travis County Court Case Files

District Clerk’s Office

Civil & Family and Criminal (felony) case files

  • Attorneys may access district court case files by registering for Online Records Search Access
  • The public may access the Register of Actions for a district court case by providing the cause number or the name of a party involved in the case
  • Non-attorneys may contact the civil & family records division by calling 512-854-9457 and the criminal records division by calling 512-854-9420
  • District Clerk Records Request Form
County Clerk’s Office

You can search the County Clerk’s civil records, probate records, and criminal (misdemeanor) records online.

Justice of the Peace Courts

Criminal and civil records can be searched on the JP records portal.

Federal Court Records
  • You can use PACER to search federal court case files. You will need to create an account.
  • Some federal courthouses have public access terminals in the clerk’s office.
  • The Law Library does not have a PACER account.
chat loading...