Keep In Mind

  • Appealing allows a tenant additional time to stay in the rental unit, but it also costs money. To see examples, read I was evicted; Should I appeal?
  • Even though the Statement of Inability form can waive the court fees to appeal, filing this form requires the tenant to pay rent into the court registry.
  • There are court deadlines. If the tenant misses a deadline, the landlord can ask for a Writ of Possession. This means law enforcement can remove the tenant’s belongings from the rental unit.

For More Help

chat loading...